Corona Virus Resources
This is a list of resources for staying current on the Coronavirus – or more officially known as COVID-19. My suggestion is to look past the political babble. Instead, look at what scientists, experts and their data show.
Maps & Data of the Where the Virus is Now
- Johns Hopkins University Map – This is a really good map showing the number of cases and deaths in every country.
- New York Times Map of U.S. Cases – This is an up-to-date map with all the reported U.S cases.
- nCoV2019Live – Website with lots of stats by country and state. Put together by a kid – and it’s a great site pulling in info from all over.
- CDC’s Coronavirus Page – Good overview with maps, charts & data.
- Worldometers US Data – This is the best site I’ve seen with a number of different charts and graphs. Highly recommended.
- Data Central Map – One of the best maps I’ve seen. Drills down to the county level, and lets you view the growth with a “date slider”.
- BNO News – A great news site based in The Netherlands. This one is based in the Netherlands. Here are direct links to their pages Tracking Corona Virus: Real-time Visualizaions, World Map with Cases (one of the best I’ve seen), Tracking Coronavirus: Realtime Visualizations,
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: How Fast It’s Growing – Excellent page with data and charts tracking the virus’s growth in key communities throughout America. Constantly updated with the latest info.
- IHME Metrics – Really good graphs and projections from The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation.
General Info, Precautions and What You Can Do
- Coronavirus symptoms: how quickly they show – and what to look for – Good overview article on what to look for and how to take care of yourself.
- How to Self-Isolate If You Think You Have Coronavirus – 5 things you can do to isolate yourself and protect the public and the ones you love.
- What to Do if You Are Sick (CDC) – Really good info for “what to do” if you are sick.
- 9 Charts that Explain the Coronavirus Epidemic – Good overview of who’s at risk, the importance of various precautions, how it compares to other illnesses (such as the flu and measles)
- These underlying conditions make coronavirus more severe, and they’re surprisingly common – In-depth National Geographic article. Excellent info.
- The comprehensive Ars Technica guide to the coronavirus – Lots of good info here. And it’s constantly updated with the latest info.
- A Country’s Six Stages of Coronavirus – This is purportedly from an Italian, and a precursor of what we might experience in America. Here’s another version of it on Reddit.
- Why the Coronavirus is Worse than the Flu – Yes, the flu is much worse than the flu. This chart shows why.
Good News Sources
Local News Sources
Direct Links to COVID-19 Updates on County Websites
- Marin County Health & Human Svcs – Includes San Rafael, Sausalito, Novato, and all of Marin County (just north of San Francisco)
- Nevada County Health & Human Services
- Placer County Public Health –
- Santa Cruz County Health Svcs Agency –
- Siskiyou County Public Health Website –
- Sonoma County
- Summit County – Breckenridge, Frisco, etc.
- Boulder County Health Dept – Bouldr and the surrounding area
- Ada County – Boise
- Blaine County – Ketchum, Sun Valley, Hailey, Bellevue, etc.
- Central Idaho Health District
- Jackson County Health & Human Svcs – Ashland, Jacksonville, Medford, etc.